HoneyBook 101, Lesson 2: Building Your Account Settings
Section: Setting up your personal and company account settings
Lesson 2: Building Your Account Settings
- Section 1: Setting up your personal and company account settings
- Section 2: Setting up your bank account information
- Section 3: Using the image & file library
- Section 4: Uploading and managing contacts
In Lesson 2 (4 sections), we'll dive into the first account setup tasks you should complete, such as customizing your account settings, adding bank account info, and importing company info like your brand assets and contacts!
Ready? Lesson 2, Section 1 begins below!
Your personal account settings in HoneyBook are where you can set up and adjust things like your contact information, password, and security phone number. These settings, as the name might suggest, are personal, and just specific to your account—they won’t be shared with any team members!
Company settings, however, allow you to create settings that span across your whole HoneyBook account. You can add your business information, branding, and bank info; integrate with 3rd party platforms; invite your teammates; and make sure your account preferences are set up the way you’d like!
Your Company Settings section has several tabs with lots of settings to adjust, but we’ll focus on a few key areas in this lesson.
In this section, we’ll review:
- Setting your personal account settings
- Importing brand elements such as logos, colors, default imagery
- Inviting your team to your HoneyBook account
- Customizing your Project Types
- Overview of other available settings
Personal Account Settings
1. From any page, click your profile photo in the top right corner of your screen.
2. Select My Account.
3. Now, you can make updates to all your personal info! Find the appropriate section to complete the task you're looking for:
Change Photo: click to add or edit a profile picture.
Account Info: update your name, title, phone, address, and email address.
Change Password: enter your current and new password to edit your password.
Edit Security Phone Number: review and edit your security phone number.
To get to your Company Settings:
1. From any page, click your profile photo in the top right corner of your screen.
2. Select Company Settings from the menu.
3. Select the tab on the left that corresponds to the action you need to take! Your options are detailed in the segments below.
Importing your brand elements
Your brand is who you are—it's the heart and soul of your business. Uploading your company's images and assets into HoneyBook ensures that all communication going out of the platform looks like your company and aligns with your brand, and the clients receiving your files and emails will feel the continuity!
To import your brand elements:
1. From your Company Settings, select the Company Brand tab.
2. In the Brand Elements section, upload your logo by clicking on the Main Logo and/or Secondary Logo field. Images should be in PNG, JPG, or GIF format.
- Main logo: featured on the image banner at the top of Brochures, Proposals, Contracts, and Invoices. The ideal image size is 100 x 100 px.
- Secondary logo: featured in the header of your Contracts. The ideal image size is 300 x 100 px.
3. Select your brand color by clicking Main Button Color—you can select from the color chart, or type in your hex code. Click Choose when you're ready.
- Button color will show on any client-facing buttons in files or emails.
HoneyBook Tip: When selecting a brand color, be sure that this color easily visible to your clients. Lighter colors may not stand out enough!.
4. Select a default header image for your Projects and files.
- The ideal image size is 750 x 300 px.
- You can choose to upload a new image, or select from any images you've already added to your Image & File Library.
- Headers will default to this image when you create new Projects or files, but you can always change them.
HoneyBook Tip: Check out the Preview on the right to see how everything will come together!
Inviting your team
If you have colleagues, assistants, or any other team members that need to be in the loop with your projects, you can invite them to HoneyBook! Then, you can share Workspaces, assign Projects, collaborate, and more. In fact, you can add as many team members as you'd like at no additional cost.
To add Team Members to your HoneyBook account:
1. From your Company Settings, select the Team tab.
2. Click the Invite button.
3. Enter in your Team Member's email address, name, and appropriate role (more info on roles below!).
4. Enter additional contact information if desired.
5. Click the Invite button.
Your colleague will then receive an email invitation, prompting them to head to HoneyBook, create a password, and complete their profile!
ALL ROLES can:
- Manage the account’s Company Info
- Manage the account’s Templates
- Manage the account’s image and file Library
- Manage the account’s Preferences
- Manage the account's Workflows
BASIC team members can:
- Have control over Projects and files in their own Pipelines
- See all Workspaces they’ve created or have been added to
MODERATORS have all Basic permissions, plus they can:
- View all other team members' Workspaces and Pipelines
ADMINISTRATORS (Admins) have all Moderator permissions, plus they can:
- Add team members and change user roles
- Edit and send an existing file—or resend a file that has already been sent—in a Project Workspace that they have NOT been added to. The email that is sent will be sent on behalf of the Project Workspace owner.
OWNERS have all Admin permissions, plus they can:
- Customize and distribute the company's Client Portal
- Customize the company's Pipeline stages
- Access and control Reports (Analytics)
- Access and control Bookkeeping
- Control leads and Inquires that come in via the HoneyBook Contact Form
- Add or edit the account’s bank details
PLEASE NOTE: Team members will not be able to send messages or create new files in Projects if they are not added as a participant on that Project. If you wish your team member to have full access to a Project, be sure to add them as a participant.
Customizing your Project Types
Project Types are... well, exactly what they sound like: types of Projects! In HoneyBook, you can quickly categorize everything you're working on as a particular kind of Project—a caterer might include "Wedding," "Birthday Party," and "Corporate Event," for example—which helps you understand your business even better. You’ll even be able to use Project Types to trigger things like automated Workflows specific to that type!
Since we know that your business is constantly growing and changing, Project Types can also be customized to suit the needs of the day: you have the option to add, remove, or change anything. That way, you can easily categorize all the awesome stuff you're working on.
To customize your Project Types:
1. From your Company Settings, select the Preferences tab.
2. In the Project Types section, click Edit.
3. Edit your Project Types! You can:
- Click Add Project Type and enter the title to add
- Hover over existing Project Types and click the pencil icon to edit
- Hover over existing Project Types and click the trash can icon to delete
4. Click Save Changes when you're finished.
Now, you can choose from your brand new list of Project Types when you're creating a Project—more on that in Lesson 4.3!
Overview of other available settings
We won’t go into detail about the rest of the of the available settings, but we do want you to know what you have at your disposal! You can learn more about any of these settings in our full Help Center by clicking the links below.
Company Brand tab
- Set up your email signature, complete with logo!
Client Portal tab
- Customize your Client Portal, so your clients can easily review any emails or files that you’ve sent by logging in via a branded login page.
- Integrate with Gmail to extend your brand even further
- Integrate with Zapier or connect your social accounts
- Invite your team to join your account—then, you can share Workspaces, assign Projects, collaborate, and more.
- Customize your Lead Sources
- Adjust your notification settings
- Set up your Actions (automated emails to your clients)
- Customize your automated payment reminders
In the next section, Setting Up Your Bank Account Information, we’ll review how to add your bank info to make sure you can get paid!
Have questions? Feel free to send us a message by clicking the Question Mark icon on any HoneyBook page. Our team is always happy to help!