Big news: the HoneyBook Contact Form has gotten a major revamp! You now have access to (amongst other things) more colors, fonts, and layouts, as well as the ability to add beautiful images right into the form — in addition to, of course, those core questions that your form is built on!
If you’ve been using HoneyBook’s legacy Contact Form — whether you already have it embedded on a website, or you’ve included a link to your trade show contact form anywhere (now called your Direct Link) — you’ll just need to take a few steps to make sure your existing Contact Form(s) display all the new features!
In this article, we'll review:
What to expect when you convert
Converting your old forms from the old to new format will simply transfer all of your existing questions (and answer options, if applicable) from each Contact Form you have to the new Contact Form builder. From there, you can enhance your existing forms with all the new features! Learn more about everything you can do here.
However, once you do convert your forms to the new format, you will no longer have access to the legacy Contact Form builder page. If you are not ready to convert yet, make sure you do not click the Convert buttons when prompted in the Contact Form builder.
Converting to the new Contact Form builder will NOT interfere with any forms you currently have embedded, or any direct links to the existing form(s) that you’ve already sent. These forms will remain totally intact, and will still be able to accept Inquiries.
However, in order to take advantage of the new features on any forms that are currently in use, you will have to re-embed these forms onto your site using the new code we provide. You can find more information on the conversion process in the section below.
How to Convert
1. Head to your Contact Form builder. From the HoneyBook Dashboard, click the Tools menu > Contact Form.
2. Follow the prompts to convert to the new builder.
PLEASE NOTE: Once you click Convert, you will no longer have access to the legacy Contact Form builder. However, any Contact Forms you currently have active will remain intact and will still be able to accept Inquiries!
3. Explore the new features and use them to enhance your existing forms (or build new ones)! Learn more about using the new features here.
HoneyBook Tip: To preview how your form will look to your clients, click the Preview button.
4. In order to activate the new features for a form you have published on your website, you’ll need to re-embed the form using the new code provided. To access the code, click Publish.
5. Click Copy Code to copy the code snippet to your clipboard — you’ll paste this code later, when you’re embedding it into your website!
HoneyBook Tip: Don’t have anywhere to embed (or just don’t feel like it)? No problem!
After clicking Publish, head to the Settings section of your toolbar. Under Get A Direct Link, click the Open Link icon to open your Contact Form right from here (great for in-person bookings!), or click the Copy icon to copy the link, making it simple to share on your social channels or send right to your clients.
You can do this in addition to — or instead of — embedding the code on your website. Whatever suits your business!
6. Once you have the code copied, you can embed it right into your website. Here's how to do that for a variety of sites, or you can get in touch with our Concierge team for some help!
Want to learn more?
Still have questions? Feel free to send us a message by clicking the Question Mark icon on any HoneyBook page. Our team is always happy to help!