Are you postponing getting started with a new tool? Overwhelmed by the prospect of transitioning everything from your old system into HoneyBook? We know, it can be daunting; but that's why we have a team dedicated to transferring your existing materials into HoneyBook on your behalf—a service that's available as soon as you become a paid HoneyBook member! With just a couple minutes of work required from you, it's the easiest way to change your business for the better from Day 1.
Whether you already have fully built-out documentation you've been using on another platform, or you just want to get the ball rolling by importing some half-finished notes and documents, you can take advantage of (and really benefit from!) this service.
Once you upload your materials for our team, we'll add them to the appropriate Templates section in your HoneyBook account (Package Templates, Contract Templates, or Questionnaire Templates). From there, you can edit them further if you need, or just start sending them out to your clients!
Want more info? Check out more deets below.
- How does the account setup service work?
- How much does it cost?
- Where do I send/upload my materials?
- Can I transfer documents directly from my current service to HoneyBook?
- What can the team import for me?
- What types of materials should I upload?
- Do the materials I upload need to be complete or in a certain format?
- How is this service helpful for me?
- Can I use this service more than once?
- Do I need to use this service in order to use HoneyBook?
How does the account setup service work?
It's super easy! All you need to do is send us your stuff and wait (up to 72 hours).
PLEASE NOTE: This is a one-time service, so upload as much as you have at this stage! Don't worry, though—we're always happy to walk you through setting up your own Templates in the future!
1. First, just upload any relevant materials here.
- What counts as relevant material, you ask? See below!
Having trouble accessing the page? Get in touch with our Concierge team by clicking the Question Mark icon on any HoneyBook page!
2. Once they receive your files, our Account Setup team will upload your materials to the appropriate location within your Templates section, aligning them with HoneyBook's formatting.
3. Within 3 business days, you'll receive an email from us that your materials have been successfully uploaded! To access:
- Click Tools > Templates in your top navigation bar
- Select the Template type you're looking for (Contracts, Questionnaires, or Packages)
4. From within the appropriate Templates section, click the file drawer tab on the left side of the screen to find the Templates that were added for you.
- You can click to open any Template, allowing you to double check that it was set up correctly and make any edits that you need.
Remember, Templates are not set in stone—they just give you a jumping off point. Once you apply them to another file or Project, you can adjust as necessary without affecting the original Template.
How much does it cost?
Nothing! This is a free, one-time service that comes with your membership—our gift to you to help you get started! As soon as you become a subscribed HoneyBook member, you can get the ball rolling.
Where do I send/upload my materials?
Can I transfer documents directly from my current service to HoneyBook?
There isn't a way to directly push your account information from another platform to HoneyBook, but you'll likely be able to export your information or save documents as PDFs from wherever they're currently housed! Once you've extracted the materials you need, you can upload them for our team.
Check out the help center for your specific platform for more information on exporting or saving documents as a PDF.
What can the team import for me?
Our team can complete this one-time service to help upload:
What types of materials should I upload?
If you already have fully built out contracts, questionnaires, etc. that you just need formatted into HoneyBook, great—but you don't need to have completed documentation to take advantage of this service! You can always just use it to get a head start and upload whatever you have now, then make any edits to the Templates down the road.
Here's what information might be helpful for each type of Template:
- For pricing: existing brochures, proposals, or any other documents that detail the prices of your items or pricing packages
- For Contracts: old contracts or contract language you've used or intend to use
- For Questionnaires: sets of questions you've sent to your clients or directed your clients to fill out; new lists of questions that you may want to send in the future
Do the materials I upload need to be complete or in a certain format?
Nope! PDFs, MS Word docs.... whatever you got!
And even if your documents aren't perfect yet, that’s totally okay—you can make edits to them at any point down the road.
How is this service helpful for me?
It's a time saver and workflow streamliner!
While we try to make creating Templates on your own as quick and painless as possible, it does, of course, take time—setting up an account for your business from scratch is a lot of work! This is meant to take something off your plate as you get going.
Then, once you have Templates in place for a particular element of your workflow, you can apply them to any Project with a few clicks—so instead of needing to start from scratch every time you want to add pricing, create a Contract, or create a Questionnaire, you can apply a Template and work off of that!
When creating a new file, for example, you'll have the option to quickly choose a Template to start with. Then, you can edit if necessary, or just send the file off as-is.
Can I use this service more than once?
This is a one-time service, so you should upload as much as you have at this stage!
Don't worry, though—we won't leave you hanging after the initial set-up. We're always happy to walk you through setting up your own Templates in the future, or answer any other questions that arise.
Do I need to use this service in order to use HoneyBook?
Nope! We're here to help you get started and save you some time, but if you don't quite have everything together yet (or you'd rather just control the process yourself), you can totally DIY it. Our Templates are easy to create!
Want to learn more?
Still have questions? Feel free to send us a message by clicking the Question Mark icon on any HoneyBook page. Our team is always happy to help!