Are you postponing getting started with a new tool?
Overwhelmed by the prospect of transitioning everything from your old system into HoneyBook?
We know, it can be daunting; but that's why we have a team dedicated to transferring your existing materials into HoneyBook on your behalf—a service that's available as soon as you become a paid HoneyBook member!
With just a couple minutes of work required from you, our team takes the tedious set-up work off your plate. It's the easiest way to change your business for the better from the very beginning, since members who take advantage of account migration are up and running within a week.
What is the account migration service?
Our complimentary account migration service allows you to send pieces of your existing business documentation or framework right to our team. Then, we’ll add them to your HoneyBook account in the form of Templates—saving you much precious time that might otherwise have been spent on account setup.
You can send us things like:
- Service lists
- Contract language
- Lead & client questionnaires
We can accept these in any form or format that you have them!
PDF of a fully customized contract? Sweet. Half-finished Word doc? No problem. Picture of a cocktail napkin with hastily scribbled notes? We’ll still make magic. Once we’ve set up your materials, you can edit the Templates further if you need, or just start sending them out to your clients!
Whether you already have fully built-out documentation that you've been using on another platform, or you just want to get the ball rolling by importing those in-progress notes and documents, you can take advantage of (and really benefit from!) this service.
Want more info? Check out more deets below.
- How does the account migration work & how is it helpful for me?
- What can the team set up for me?
- What types of materials should I upload? Do they need to be in a certain format?
- What if I’m a brand new business, not currently using files, or have incomplete files?
- Where do I send/upload my materials?
- Can I transfer documents directly from my current service to HoneyBook?
- Can I use this service more than once?
- How much does it cost?
- I’d rather set up everything myself. Is that okay?
How does account migration work & how it is helpful?
It's super easy! All you need to do is send us your stuff and wait (up to 72 hours).
PLEASE NOTE: This is a one-time service, so upload as much as you have at this stage! Don't worry, though—we're always happy to walk you through setting up your own Templates in the future!
Having trouble accessing the page? Get in touch with our Concierge team by clicking the Question Mark icon on any HoneyBook page!
2. Once they receive your files, our Account Setup team will upload everything to the appropriate location within your Templates section, aligning them with HoneyBook's formatting.
3. Within 3 business days, you'll receive an email from us that your materials have been successfully uploaded! To access:
- Click Tools > Templates in your top navigation bar
- Select the Template type you're looking for (Contracts, Questionnaires, or Packages)
4. From within the appropriate Templates section, click the file drawer tab on the left side of the screen to find the Templates that were added for you.
- You can click to open any Template, allowing you to double check that it was set up correctly and make any edits that you need.
5. Use your Templates when you're creating other file Templates/live files (in the case of Packages) or sending Contracts and Questionnaires to your clients! And remember, Templates are not set in stone—they just give you a jumping off point. Once you apply them to another file or Project, you can adjust as necessary without affecting the original Template.
So how is this helpful? It's a time-saver and workflow-streamliner!
While we try to make creating Templates on your own as quick and painless as possible, it does, of course, take time—setting up an account for your business from scratch is a lot of work! This is meant to take something off your plate as you get going.
Once you have Templates in place for a particular element of your workflow, you can apply them to any Project with a few clicks—instead of needing to start from scratch every time—and work off of that! When creating a new file, for example, you'll have the option to quickly choose a Template to start with. Then, you can edit if necessary, or just send the file off as-is.
What can the team set up for me?
Our team can complete this one-time service to help upload:
What information can we use to build out these Templates? See below!
What types of materials should I upload? Do they need to be in a certain format?
If you already have fully built out pricing structures, contracts, questionnaires, etc. that you just need formatted into HoneyBook, great—but you don't need to have completed documentation to take advantage of this service! You can always just use it to get a head start and upload whatever you have now, then make any edits to the Templates down the road.
Here's what information might be helpful for each type of Template.
- Existing brochures
- Existing proposals
- Any documents that detail the prices of your items or pricing packages
- Old contracts/agreements or contract language you've used or intend to use
- Sets of questions you've sent to your clients or directed your clients to fill out
- New lists of questions that you may want to send in the future
- Screenshots of Google forms, websites, or anything else that has been used to qualify leads or collect client information
Of course, we understand that your business lives in different places and formats. To make it easy to get started on HoneyBook, we accept .docs, .pdf, .jpg, .png, Google docs (did you know you can download them?), screenshots, photos of post-its—seriously. Whatever you’ve got that we can read.
And remember, even if your documents aren’t totally perfect (or maybe not even complete) yet, that’s totally okay. We can upload what you have to get the ball rolling, and you can make edits to the Templates we set up whenever you’re ready.
What if I’m a brand new business, not currently using files, or have incomplete files?
Even if your documentation isn’t, shall we say, fully organized yet, you can still take advantage of account migration! Just send us what you’ve got. We can upload what you do have to get you started, and you can make edits to the Templates once you have things more fully fleshed out.
If you’re totally starting from scratch, though, that’s okay too—you don’t need to upload anything yet! Feel free to take some time to get your ducks in a row and upload your materials when you have a critical mass. You can use the uploader whenever you’re ready, but remember, you can only upload once!
And remember: you don’t need to use this service to use HoneyBook, or even to be successful! It’s here to help save you some time and hit the ground running, but you can always DIY it. Templates are easy to create yourself, too!
Where do I send/upload my materials?
Can I transfer documents directly from my current service to HoneyBook?
There isn't a way to directly push your account information from another platform to HoneyBook, but you'll likely be able to export your information or save documents as PDFs from wherever they're currently housed! Once you've extracted the materials you need, you can upload them for our team.
Check out the help center for your specific platform for more information on exporting or saving documents as a PDF.
Can I use this service more than once?
This is a one-time service, so you should upload as much as you have at this stage!
Don't worry, though—we won't leave you hanging after the initial set-up. We're always happy to walk you through setting up your own Templates in the future, or answer any other questions that arise.
How much does it cost?
Nothing! This is a free, one-time service that comes with your membership—our gift to you to help you get started! As soon as you become a subscribed HoneyBook member, you can get the ball rolling.
I’d rather set up everything myself. Is that okay?
Absolutely! We’ve built HoneyBook to be user-friendly from the start—account migration is merely an added benefit to take some of the burden off your plate. If you don't quite have everything together yet (or you'd rather just control the process yourself), you can totally DIY it. Templates are easy to create!
And remember, our robust help center, video tutorials, and concierge team will always be on standby should you have any questions. We’ve even put together a simple introductory course so you have all the info you need to get started. Check out HoneyBook 101 here.
Want to learn more?
Still have questions? Feel free to send us a message by clicking the Question Mark icon on any HoneyBook page. Our team is always happy to help!