We're super excited about our Brochures' new look—and for old (Legacy) Brochure Templates, you can (and should!) quickly and easily convert them into the new format.
When you convert your Brochures following the steps here, it will create a new version of the Brochure in the new format. We’ll do our best to replicate your Legacy Brochure exactly into the new format, but depending on how your original Brochures were set up, you may notice that a converted Brochure has some discrepancies, or that your client is having some trouble submitting a new Brochure you’ve sent.
We recommend that you double check the new versions to make sure they look and behave as intended. You’ll want to confirm:
- Client selection options are set up correctly (more below)
- Names of the Templates are correct
- Images appear as intended
- Text is correctly formatted
Client Selection Options
If you’ve converted any Legacy Brochures that included your services (as Packages or a la carte items), you’ll want to confirm that your selection options are set up correctly in the new Brochure, as converting the Legacy Brochures to the new format may cause the selection process to behave differently. If you have not confirmed your setup, your client may run into problems submitting the file.
In Legacy Brochures, each Section could represent a pricing Package, and your client could select one Section to select a Package. New Brochures, however, require a different setup to achieve that result, and could convert in a way that requires your client to make a selection in multiple Sections that you may not have intended.
To address this, instead of creating a Section for each Package, you’ll need to create a Services Block for each category or group of Items/Packages, then add each relevant item or Package within that block. That way, the client selection option you choose will apply to all Packages or items within that block, allowing you to decide how the client can interact with that set of items or services.
To set up a Brochure Template where your client needs to decide between Packages A, B, and C, for example, you would follow the Template creation instructions and:
1. Create a Section.
2. Add a Services Block to the Section.
3. Add Package A, Package B, and Package C to this Block (rather than dividing them into separate Sections or Blocks).
4. Hover over the Block and click the Gear icon that appears. From there, you can decide how your client can interact with these package/item options.
- For example, if you want to require them to select one Package before submitting, and also want to allow only ONE selection (rather than allowing them to choose multiple), toggle Allow client to select items ON (blue), then check the box for At least one selection required.
More on client selection options below!
5. Remove any extraneous Blocks or Sections that contain the Packages or Items you’ve re-included in this new Block.
- Since HoneyBook may have converted your original Sections into new Sections, you'll want to remove them to ensure that your client isn't required to select more options than you want them to.
Repeat this Sections Block process for any items or Packages that might be grouped together. For example, a catering company might create Service Block #1 that offers the various food service Packages, requiring their client to choose only one; Service Block #2 with bar service Packages, allowing them (but not requiring them) to select only one; Service Block #3 with A La Carte options, allowing the client (but not requiring them) to select multiple options and choose their quantities.
The available client selection options are:
Allow clients to select items
- Toggling OFF (gray) will ensure client cannot click to select a package or item.
Best used if multiple selections are not available, the item/package listed is required, or you're just looking for a less interactive Brochure experience for your client.
- Toggling ON (blue) will allow a client to choose the item/package they're interested in. It will also enable additional options, detailed below.
If you'd like your client to only select ONE item/package from this Block of services, toggle this option ON, and leave Allow More Than One Selection unchecked.
Allow more than one selection
- Allows your client to select as many options as they'd like from the items/packages within this Block.
At least one selection required
- Requires client to make at least one selection before they are able to submit the Brochure.
- If Allow More Than One Selection (above) is unchecked (off), the client will be required to make only one selection.
- If Allow More Than One Selection is checked (on), the client will be required to select at least one option, but can select multiple if they'd like.
Allow clients to choose quantity
- Toggle on to allow clients to select how many of an item or service they'd like.
Want to learn more?
- Creating and sending a Brochure
- Creating Brochure Templates
- Your clients' experience with Brochures
- Converting your Legacy Brochures to the new format
Still have questions? Feel free to send us a message by clicking the Question Mark icon on any HoneyBook page. Our team is always happy to help!