The ability to easily invoice clients is a crucial part of running a business—and, fortunately, something you can do right through the HoneyBook mobile app! Our Invoice file includes a list of services, prices, and a payment schedule. Once your client receives the Invoice, they can easily make their payments right through the file, and from any device!
Want to know what else you can do with the app? Check out the full rundown here.
iOS and Android: Creating and sending an Invoice
1. Find or create the Project that requires an Invoice, as Invoices need to be associated with an existing Project.
- Find a Project: search via the search icon at the top of your app's Home screen (Pipeline view), or locate the Project from the Project List in your Pipeline.
- Create a Project: learn how here.
2. Once in the Project, you can tap the message box in the Activity tab, or tap Send File or Message from the Details or Files tabs. All options will open the email editor and allow you to attach a file.
3. Tap the Attach (paper clip) icon. You may need to tap the body of the email to reveal the icon.
4. Select Invoice.
5. Choose to start with a blank Invoice, an Invoice you've drafted (but not yet sent), a recently used Invoice, or an Invoice Template.
- No matter where you choose to start, you can always adjust the header image by tapping the image and selecting a new one from your HoneyBook Library, device photos, or by taking a brand new photo to add.
6. For a blank Invoice, tap Add Items to begin adding Package Templates or individual items. If starting from a Template or file that already contains some items, tap the field indicating the existing Packages / Items to adjust.
7. Tap the plus (+) button in the top right corner to add more items or Packages.
- To add a Package Template you've already created, just tap an option under My Packages.
- To add a new individual item, tap Add Blank Item and enter the item's name, price, and any other details.
8. Once you've added all your services, make any necessary edits to the payment schedule by tapping Edit.
- From there, add a payment by tapping the plus (+) button in the top right corner, or edit the amounts and dates of existing payments by tapping the Amount or Due Date fields.
- To delete a payment, tap the 3-dot icon from within the Edit screen, and select Delete Payment.
9. Adjust settings like the Project name, payment options, gratuity settings, etc. by tapping the Gear icon in the upper right corner.
10. Tap Preview to review how your client will receive the Invoice, or just tap Attach when you're ready to send.
11. Enter the email message that will accompany your Invoice, or tap the Templates dropdown at the top of the screen to choose from any email Templates you've already added to your account.
12. Tap Send when you're ready!
Want to learn more?
- Creating and sending an Invoice via desktop
- Creating Invoice Templates
- Creating Package Templates
- Your clients' payment options
Still have questions? Feel free to send us a message by clicking the Question Mark icon on any HoneyBook page. Our team is always happy to help!