The ability to easily invoice clients is a crucial part of running a business — and, fortunately, something you can do right through the HoneyBook mobile app! Our Invoice file includes a list of services, prices, and a payment schedule. Once your client receives the Invoice, they can easily make their payments right through the file, and from any device!
Want to know what else you can do with the app? Check out the full rundown here.
iOS and Android: Creating and sending an Invoice
1. Tap the plus (+) icon in your Pipeline view, find the Project that requires an Invoice, or create a new Project (remember, Invoices always need to be associated with a Project).
- Tap the plus (+) icon: Just select Invoice from the menu (as shown in the image below), then skip to Step 4. You'll be able to select an existing Project to connect the file to, or create a new Project!
- Find a Project: search via the search icon at the top of your app's Home screen (Pipeline view), or locate the Project from the Project List in your Pipeline.
- Create a Project: learn how here.
2. Once in the Project, tap the New File button.
3. Select Invoice.
PLEASE NOTE: You can only attach one HoneyBook file per email.
4. Choose to start with a blank Invoice, an Invoice you've drafted (but not yet sent), a recently used Invoice, or an Invoice Template.
- No matter where you choose to start, you can always adjust the header image by tapping the image and selecting a new one from your HoneyBook Library, device photos, or by taking a brand new photo to add.
5. For a blank Invoice, tap Add Items to begin adding Package Templates or individual items. If starting from a Template or file that already contains some items, tap the field indicating the existing Packages / Items to adjust.
6. Tap the plus (+) button in the top right corner to add more items or Packages.
- To add a Package Template you've already created, just tap an option under My Packages.
- To add a new individual item, tap Add Blank Item and enter the item's name, price, and any other details.
7. Once you've added all your services, make any necessary edits to the payment schedule by tapping Edit.
- From there, add a payment by tapping the plus (+) button in the top right corner, or edit the amounts and dates of existing payments by tapping the Amount or Due Date fields.
- To delete a payment, tap the 3-dot icon from within the Edit screen, and select Delete Payment.
8. Adjust additional file settings by tapping the 3-dot icon in the upper right corner:
- Payment & expiration settings: adjust your client's payment options, gratuity settings, auto-pay, and file expiration
- Edit cover: adjust the name of the file
9. Tap View as Client to review how your client will receive the Invoice, or just tap Attach when you're ready to send.
11. Review, create, or select the email that will send with your file. You can:
- Keep the default email text you see, or make a few changes. We'll automatically populate the email Template that's associated with the file type you're sending! And remember, you can always edit the email Templates themselves, so the Template that auto-populates moving forward will always look the way you want it.
- Create a new message by tapping the subject line/email body field and deleting the auto-populated text. Then, just enter your own subject line and email text.
- Select the Templates menu at the top of the screen to choose from your existing email Templates. This will replace the existing subject line and email text with those of the new Template.
- Add additional attachments (non-HoneyBook files) to the email by tapping the paper clip icon in the toolbar and selecting your attachment(s) of choice.
12. Tap Send when you're ready!
Need to resend the Invoice, or make edits once you've sent the file?
If you need to send the Invoice again, or even adjust payment amounts, due dates, Invoice settings, etc. after you've already sent the file, don't worry! You can:
- Resend the Invoice in its original form: tap to open the Invoice under the Files tab of the Project, then tap the Resend button.
- Edit the file and resend a new version: tap to open the Invoice under the Files tab of the Project, then tap the Pencil icon to edit. You can find more info on editing files you've already sent here!
Want to learn more?
- Creating and sending an Invoice via desktop
- Creating Invoice Templates
- Creating Package Templates
- Your clients' payment options
Still have questions? Feel free to send us a message by clicking the Question Mark icon on any HoneyBook page. Our team is always happy to help!