Brochures in HoneyBook allow you to promote your brand and showcase your services in a beautifully designed file that fits right in with your company's aesthetic. When your potential client receives a Brochure, they'll be able to select a package or service that they're interested in, after which HoneyBook will automatically draft a Proposal for you based on their selection(s).
Have a client who's having trouble submitting their selections from your Brochure? Double check how your client selection options are set up — check out more here!
Prefer a video walkthrough? We got you. Check it out here.
Or perhaps you need to send a Brochure through the app? We got you there, too.
There are several elements involved in creating a Brochure, including:
Creating your Project and file
1. Find or create the Project that requires a Brochure, as all files need to be associated with an existing Project.
Find a Project: search via the search icon in the top left corner of your Home page, or select the Projects tab to review your full list of Projects.
Create a Project: learn how here.
2. Once in the Project's workspace, click the Create New button.
3. Select Brochure from the file menu.
4. Choose to start with a blank Brochure, a recently used Brochure, or a Brochure Template.
5. Once you’ve selected how you want to begin, your file will open and you can begin to customize!
Customizing your Brochure
Your Brochures are made up of Sections, and each Section is made up of Blocks.
Sections create the basic skeleton of your Brochure, allowing you to easily build and tailor the content within the file.
Blocks make up the actual substance of your Brochure. They can be Content Blocks — which can include images, text, or combinations in various formats; Question Blocks, used to collect information from your client; or Services Blocks, used to list your products or services and their prices.
Text content in Blocks can be formatted with standard options such as font, size, color, alignment, etc. by highlighting the text and making edits.
Images can be uploaded on the fly, or selected from your Library of previously-uploaded images.
Services can be added on the fly, selected from your list of previously-used individual items, or selected from the list of Package Templates you’ve created.
Questions can be Suggested questions, which will pull information directly into your Project details, or Custom questions.
Adding Content Blocks
1. Select the formatting for the Block you’d like to add — text, image, or a combination.
2. Then, you’ll be prompted to select your image and/or enter your text, based on the Block type you’ve selected.
Image content can be uploaded on the fly, or selected from your Library of previously-uploaded images.
Text content can be formatted with standard options such as font, size, color, alignment, etc. by highlighting the text in question and making your edits.
HoneyBook Tip: For single-column images, ideal sizing is 320 x 220 px. For full-width images, just find a nice high-res image!
3. You can update the background color of the Block by hovering over the Block and clicking the pencil icon.
4. To continue adding Blocks to the Section, hover over the Block and click the Plus (+) button that appears at the bottom.
HoneyBook Tip: You can rearrange the order of your Blocks by hovering over the Block, and using the 6-dot icon on the left to drag and drop. You can also delete a Block by hovering over the Block and clicking the trash can icon on the right.
Adding Question Blocks
When adding Question Blocks to your Brochure, your questions can either be suggested questions or custom questions.
Suggested questions are those that HoneyBook recommends gathering answers for, such as your client’s name and contact info, their project type and date, etc. Adding Suggested questions ensures that answers will automatically populate into the Project Details fields of the Project.
Custom questions are just that — yours to customize! You can request any information within the question formats we provide, and the answers will be tracked in the Inquiry submissions (visible within the Activity Feed of the Project that gets created, as well as in the Inquiry alert email the selected recipient will receive as soon as the form is submitted). Answers to custom questions will not automatically populate in any Project Details fields, however.
You’ll have the option of adding questions in the following formats:
Short text: short answer
Long text: longer text answer
Dropdown: a dropdown menu with your predetermined answer options
Single choice: a list of your predetermined answer options, allowing for one selection
Multiple choice: a list of your predetermined answer options, allowing for multiple selections
Date picker: a calendar pop-out, allowing a date selection
To add your Question Block:
1. Click the Questions tab from the Block selector.
2. Select your question type! Remember, you can choose the Custom or Suggested tab for different question types.
PLEASE NOTE: If you've selected the two fields question format, you can click the Gear icon to select the individual question formats for each field.
3. Enter the text of your question, and if necessary, the answer options (as in drop-down menu questions, multiple choice questions, etc.)
HoneyBook Tip: Click the gear icon that appears when you hover over a question to toggle whether or not the question is required.
4. To continue adding questions, hover over an existing question again and click the Plus (+) button that appears. Each question is considered its own Block, and you can add questions to any Section. Repeat as necessary!
PLEASE NOTE: If you’ve designated any questions as required, your client will not be able to submit the Brochure until the question has been answered.
Adding Services Blocks
1. Click the Services tab from the Block selector.
2. Click Add New Item to start selecting services. You can:
Select a Package Template, if you've created some (if not, here's how!)
Choose a recently used Item
Add a new Item by typing in an Item name, then clicking the Add (+) button
PLEASE NOTE: If you create any new items or edit pricing packages within the Brochure, these will not save to your item bank or Package Templates for future use. If you want your Package Templates to save, be sure to create them in the Templates section before building your files!
3. You can edit the details for each Item or Package, if necessary, by clicking on the field you'd like to update: name, quantity, price, tax rate, etc.
HoneyBook Tip: You can always rearrange the order of items, or remove items or packages: the 6-dot icon that appears on the left side of the Item indicates a drag-and-drop, and the trash can icon allows you to delete!
4. Choose how you'd like your client to interact with these services by hovering over the Block you'd like to adjust the settings for, then clicking the Gear icon. The available client selection options are:
Allow clients to select items
Toggling OFF (gray) will ensure client cannot click to select a package or item.
Best used if multiple selections are not available, the item/package listed is required, or you're just looking for a less interactive Brochure experience for your client.
Toggling ON (blue) will allow a client to choose the item/package they're interested in. It will also enable additional options, detailed below.
If you'd like your client to only select ONE item/package from this Block of services, toggle this option ON, and leave Allow More Than One Selection unchecked.
Allow more than one selection
Allows your client to select as many options as they'd like from the items/packages within this Block.
At least one selection required
Requires client to make at least one selection before they are able to submit the Brochure.
If Allow More Than One Selection (above) is unchecked (off), the client will be required to make only one selection.
If Allow More Than One Selection is checked (on), the client will be required to select at least one option, but can select multiple if they'd like.
Allow clients to choose quantity
Toggle on to allow clients to select how many of an item or service they'd like.
Adding a new Section
1. Click the Add Section button.
2. Click the title field of the new Section to name it.
HoneyBook Tip: You can move Sections around by hovering over the Section in the Section List, and using the 6-dot icon to drag and drop. You can also delete a section by hovering over it and clicking the trash can icon.
3. Build the Section out with the Blocks you need, per the instructions above!
Reviewing & sending your Brochure
1. If you'd like to allow your client to add questions or comments to their submission, click the file drawer tab, and check Client can submit questions or comments under the Options section.
2. If you’d like to review what your client will see when you send the Brochure, click the Client View button.
3. When your Brochure is ready to send, click Next: Review Email.
4. Review your email subject line and body, add recipients if necessary, and make any edits you'd like. Learn more about editing your emails here.
5. Click Send! HoneyBook will send the email and Brochure right to your client.
Once your client receives the file and makes their selections (if applicable), they’ll be able to click Submit.
Once they submit, you'll receive a notification in your Notification Center, as a push notification (if you have the app downloaded, and push notifications turned on), and within the Activity Feed of the Project. You can review their selections through the Brochure file itself, and HoneyBook will also automatically draft — but not send! — a Proposal based on their choices. Here's more on reviewing the Brochure selections your client made.
PLEASE NOTE: If you've added multiple participants to your Project but you only need to send the Brochure to one (or a certain subset of the participants), you can create a related Workspace within your Project to do so!
Have a client who's having trouble submitting a Brochure? Double check how your client selection options are set up — check out more here!
Want to learn more?
Still have questions? Feel free to send us a message by clicking the Question Mark icon on any HoneyBook page. Our team is always happy to help!