Templates are a big thing for us — mostly because they save you time and effort, which we love. As with all of our files (amongst other things!), you can create Templates for the various payment schedules that you might use.
Saving a payment Template will allow you to utilize a payment schedule and amount structure over and over. Once saved, you can simply select that Template when creating an Invoice or Proposal in the future — so the dates and amounts you need will just pull in automatically! You can also update the Default Template that HoneyBook starts you with to make sure that all new files you create will automatically pull in your most-used schedule option.
In this article, we'll review:
Creating a new payment Template
2. Make any necessary changes to the payment schedule in the Payment Plan section.
3. When the plan is to your liking, click the Payment Templates menu.
4. In the Save As field, enter the name of your new Template.
5. Click Save.
Now, when sending an Invoice or Proposal in the future (or creating either type of Template), you can simply select the saved payment Template you need for this file!
Editing your default payment Template
To make sure that any new Invoice or Proposal you create defaults to your most-used payment schedule, simply update the existing Default Payment Template to suit your needs!
2. In the Payment Plan section, make sure your Default Payment Template is open. You can double check by selecting the Payment Templates dropdown — whichever Template you're looking at will be bolded.
3. Edit the payment schedule as necessary.
4. Click the Payment Templates dropdown.
5. Leave the Template name as-is, and click Save.
Now, your Default Template should be saved with your changes, looking exactly how you want it to look! Any time you start a new Invoice or Proposal from scratch — or, any time a Brochure submission automatically creates a new Proposal — the file will pull in your new Default Template (though you can still always change it in the file).
Want to learn more?
- Editing a payment schedule
- HoneyBook payments FAQ
- Getting paid through HoneyBook
- How do a record a payment that I received outside of HoneyBook?
Still have questions? Feel free to send us a message by clicking the Question Mark icon on any HoneyBook page. Our team is always happy to help!