Invoice Templates are an excellent time saver for the busy businesspeople who find themselves sending similar files over and over... and over.
Instead of taking the time to create an Invoice from scratch for every new Project, simply save a Template (or a few different ones!). Then, when you start a new Project, you can select your Template of choice with just a few clicks and customize as necessary. Trust us, the minutes you save will add up—time is money, after all.
Prefer a video walkthrough? We got you. Check it out here.
To create an Invoice Template:
1. From your HoneyBook home page, click the Tools menu.
2. Select Templates from the menu.
3. Select Invoice from the list of Template options on the left side of the screen.
4. Here, you’ll see any Templates you’ve already created, as well as example Templates we’ve provided. You can choose to work off of any of these, or start from scratch by clicking Create a new invoice.
HoneyBook Tip: Looking for a specific Template to edit? Toggle to see your Templates in a grid or a list arrangement for easy viewing; then, sort any view alphabetically, or by date created!
5. Now, you can customize your file header—here's how to edit the file name, background image, and more.
6. In the Items section, click Add New Item to choose some services. You can:
- Select a Package Template, if you've created some (if not, here's how!)
- Choose a recently used Item
- Add a brand new Item by typing in an Item name, then clicking the Add (+) button
7. Edit the details for each Item or Package by clicking on the field you'd like to update: name, quantity, price, tax rate, etc.
HoneyBook Tip: You can also rearrange the order of Items: the 6-dot Icon that appears on the left side of the Item indicates a drag-and-drop!
Optional: Apply a discount (either a dollar amount, or a percentage of the Invoice total) by clicking Add Discount and entering your preferred amount.
8. In the Schedule Payments section, customize your payment amounts and due dates. Learn more about editing payment schedules here.
All changes will save automatically, so you're good to go whenever you're finished with your edits—and you can now use your Template whenever you're sending an Invoice.
Want to learn more?
- Creating and sending an Invoice
- What other types of Templates can I create?
- What does my client see when I send an Invoice?
Still have questions? Feel free to send us a message by clicking the Question Mark icon on any HoneyBook page. Our team is always happy to help!