Instead of requiring you to recreate your standard agreement for every new Project, save one or more Contract Templates. Then, when you start a new Project, you can select your Template of choice with just a few clicks and customize as necessary, guaranteeing professional and branded contracts every single time.
Prefer a video walkthrough? We got you. Check it out here.
To create a Contract Template:
1. From your HoneyBook home page, click the Tools menu.
2. Select Templates from the menu.
3. Select Contract from the list of Template options on the left.
4. You can work off of the example Template provided—a great place to start, if you don't already have Contracts to work off of—or start from scratch by clicking the tab on the left side of the screen to open the File Drawer, then clicking Add Template.
5. Now, you can customize your file header—here's how to edit the file name, background image, and more.
6. Enter the full text of your Contract in the text box below the header. Feel free to take advantage of the text formatting options—customize to represent your brand!
- HoneyBook Tip: HoneyBook Contracts are legally binding, so make sure to clearly include all relevant service information here.
PLEASE NOTE: Unfortunately, at the moment, your existing Contracts cannot be uploaded directly into HoneyBook—your Contract language will need to be copied and pasted into these Templates, per these instructions, in order to use them moving forward.
7. Click the Field Options button in the format tool bar to add fields that can automatically pull in Project details such as your client's info, event specifics, relevant dates, and more—choose any fields that currently exist in your HoneyBook Projects.
- Field Name will show as placeholder text if no value is assigned in the Project.
- Field Value can be entered for fields that are more static (like your business information), but you'll likely want to leave it blank; this will prompt you or your client to enter specific Project info before sending or signing the file.
- You can select whether your client Can Edit (has the option to update), Must Fill (is required to update), or Can't Edit the field.
8. Use the other add buttons in the format tool bar to insert:
- A header
- A payment schedule, auto-populating from your Project
- Your Package List
PLEASE NOTE: When creating Contract Templates, you will not see an option to add signature lines. Don't worry—when you apply the Template to a Project, the platform will automatically add signature lines for all participants and for you.
All changes will save automatically, so you're good to go whenever you're finished with your edits—and you can now use your Template whenever you're sending a Contract.
Want to learn more?
- My client is having trouble signing a Contract
- HoneyBook file types
- What other types of Templates can I create?
- Getting paid through HoneyBook
Still have questions? Feel free to send us a message by clicking the Question Mark icon on any HoneyBook page. Our team is always happy to help!