To allow you and your clients some flexibility when it comes to payments, HoneyBook allows you to edit the payment schedule for each Project—right from an Invoice or Proposal.
Customize the schedule to suit your needs: you can add or remove payments, specify due dates based on Project timing or when files are sent, and adjust the dollar amounts for each payment!
Prefer a video walkthrough? We got you. Check it out here.
PLEASE NOTE: At the moment, only you (the vendor) are able to set and edit payment schedules. Your clients will not be able to choose or change the payment amounts on their end.
To edit a payment schedule:
2. Scroll down to the Payment Plan / Scheduled Payment section of the file to begin editing.
3. Amount field: click on the dollar amounts to edit the values. You can choose from:
- Custom amount: the dollar value of your choice
- Percentage: allow the platform to automatically calculate dollar amounts based on your percentages
- Divide equally: the total Invoice amount, divided equally across all payments
4. When field: click on the dates to edit the values. You can choose due dates that align with:
- The Invoice date: when the Invoice was sent
- The Project date: whenever your Project start date is set for
- A fixed date on the calendar
- The Midway date: halfway between today's date and the Project start date
- Custom: specific number of days, weeks, or months before a Project date, after a Project date, or after the Invoice has been sent
5. Add or remove payments from the schedule if necessary.
- Add: Click Add Another Payment at the bottom of the section
- Remove: hover over a payment and select the Trash Can Icon on the right.
HoneyBook Tip: You can also select a Payment Template from the menu in the bottom right corner, or save the schedule you're working on as a Template for future use.
Want to learn more?
- How do I edit a file that's already been sent?
- Getting paid through HoneyBook
- Using Templates
- Creating and sending files in HoneyBook
Still have questions? Feel free to send us a message by clicking the Question Mark icon on any HoneyBook page. Our team is always happy to help!