To allow you and your clients some flexibility when it comes to payments, HoneyBook allows you to edit the payment schedule for each Project — right from an Invoice or Proposal.
Customize the schedule to suit your needs: you can add or remove payments, specify due dates based on Project timing, deliverables, or when files are sent, and adjust the dollar amounts for each payment!
PLEASE NOTE: At the moment, only you (the vendor) are able to set and edit payment schedules. Your clients will not be able to choose or change the payment amounts on their end.
Prefer a video walkthrough? We got you. Check it out here.
To edit a payment schedule:
2. Scroll down to the Payment Plan / Scheduled Payment section of the file to begin editing.
3. Amount field: click on the dollar amounts to edit the values. You can choose from:
- Custom amount: the dollar value of your choice
- Percentage: allow the platform to automatically calculate dollar amounts based on your percentages
- Divide equally: the total Invoice amount, divided equally across all payments
4. When field: click on the dates to edit the values. You can choose due dates from:
- Upon Receipt: payment due on the date the invoice is sent
- A Custom date: select a fixed due date on the calendar
- A Smart date: due date is based on a variable such as specific number of days, weeks, or months before a Project date, after a Project date, or after the Invoice has been sent
- Mid project date: halfway between the day the invoice is sent and the Project date
- The Project date: whenever your Project start date is set for
- A Milestone date: manually request payment once a project milestone is completed (e.g. completion of a deliverable).
PLEASE NOTE: Milestone based due dates are manual requests of payment so you will need to return to the Project's Payment tab or this booking File upon completion of the Milestone and click the Request Payment button in order to notify your client that the payment is due.
5. Add or remove payments from the schedule if necessary.
- Add: Click Add Another Payment at the bottom of the section
- Remove: hover over a payment and select the Trash Can Icon on the right.
- HoneyBook Tip: You can also select a Payment Template from the menu in the bottom right corner, or save the schedule you're working on as a Template for future use.
Want to learn more?
- How do I edit a file that's already been sent?
- Getting paid through HoneyBook
- Using Templates
- Creating and sending files in HoneyBook
Still have questions? Feel free to send us a message by clicking the Question Mark icon on any HoneyBook page. Our team is always happy to help!