A Timeline is an agenda for a Project that can be shared with clients and vendors. This file helps manage the time-specific logistics of the Project, keeping all of your clients and vendors informed and prepared.
To send a Timeline:
1. Find or create the Project that requires a Timeline, as all files need to be associated with an existing Project.
- Find a Project: search via the search icon in the top left corner of your Home page, or select the Projects tab to review your full list of Projects.
- Create a Project: learn how here.
2. Once in the Project's workspace, click the New File button.
3. Select Timeline from the file menu.
4. Customize your file header (file name, background image, and more) — you can learn how here.
5. Select a date and name for the first Timeline section by clicking each field to customize.
- HoneyBook Tip: Each section can have one date assigned, but multiple "projects" occurring at different times within that date — that being the case, you'll want to include any events happening within a given day in one section, and create additional sections for additional days.
6. Within the section, click Add Item to include further Timeline steps for that day.
- For each item, select a time, name, and set a description if you'd like. Just click the fields to edit.
7. To add another section (i.e. another any steps that are occurring on a different day), click the Plus button in the top left.
8. Click the Client View button in the top right corner to preview what your client will see, or just click Next: Review Email to proceed.
9. Review your email subject line and body, and make any edits you'd like. Learn more about editing your emails here.
10. Click Send! HoneyBook will send the email and Timeline right to your client.
PLEASE NOTE: If you've added multiple participants to your Project but you only need to send the Timeline to one (or a certain subset of the participants), you can create a related Workspace within your Project to do so!
Want to learn more?
- What other files can I send through HoneyBook?
- What your client sees when you send a file
- Getting paid through HoneyBook
Still have questions? Feel free to send us a message by clicking the Question Mark icon on any HoneyBook page. Our team is always happy to help!