While the easiest way to get paid is directly through HoneyBook (hello, direct deposits!), sometimes, clients need to pay via cash, check, or some other payment method. Fortunately, it's easy to record those payments in HoneyBook as well, making it simple to track anything coming in outside of HoneyBook both within the individual Projects and in your Bookkeeping section.
Prefer a video walkthrough? We got you. Check it out here.
To manually mark a payment as paid:
1. From your HoneyBook home page, navigate to the Project for which you'll be adjusting the payment.
- You can search for a specific Project via the search icon, or click the Projects tab to review your full list of Projects.
2. Once you've opened your Project, click the Files tab.
3. Locate the Invoice or Proposal you'll be editing, and click to open.
4. In the Scheduled Payment section, click the 3-dot icon next to the payment you'd like to edit.
5. Select Mark as Paid.
6. Select the method and date of the payment, then click Mark as Paid.
If you don't see the option to Mark as Paid, check out this article for more info.
PLEASE NOTE: At the moment, you are not able to mark a payment as paid on Invoices or Proposals that have recurring payments set up.
Want to learn more?
Still have questions? Feel free to send us a message by clicking the Question Mark icon on any HoneyBook page. Our team is always happy to help!