In a business, certain services just go hand in hand. Instead of taking the time to add these individually to every file, group items or services into Package Templates — or, just use Package Templates to create the structure of your pricing with individual services, items, or whatever makes sense to you!
Once you've created a few Package Templates, use them to build your Invoices, Proposals, and Brochures with a just few clicks, adding that item or set of items in one fell swoop. You can always edit them once they've been added to a file.
Our team can even help you upload your first batch of Package Templates with our one-time account migration service, if you want to free up a little time! But for any subsequent Package Templates you need to create or edit — or, if you're just more of a DIY type — carry on below!
HoneyBook Tip: Packages are the building blocks for your other Templates, so we recommend creating Package Templates before Invoice, Proposal, or Brochure Templates.
Prefer a video walkthrough? We got you. Check it out here.
To create a Package Template:
1. From your HoneyBook home page, click the Tools menu.
2. Select Templates from the menu.
3. Select Package from the list of Template options on the left side of the screen.
4. Here, you’ll see any Templates you’ve already created, as well as example Templates we’ve provided. You can choose to work off of any of these, or start from scratch by clicking Create New.
HoneyBook Tip: Looking for a specific Template to edit? Toggle to see your Templates in a grid or a list arrangement for easy viewing; then, sort any view alphabetically, or by date created!
5. Now, create your Template! First, click on the title to update the name of the Package.
6. Click Add New Item to add a service to the Package, and click any detail field (quantity, price, tax, etc.) to edit. You can:
Create a brand new item by typing in the item name
Choose from recently used items, if you've already added some in other Projects.
HoneyBook Tip: You can also rearrange the order of items: the 6-dot Icon that appears on the left side of the item indicates a drag-and-drop!
7. To price the package as a whole, rather than as an itemized cost list, edit the price in the Package title line and remove prices from the individual items.
All changes will save automatically, so you're good to go whenever you're finished with your edits! Now, whether you itemize your Package or price it as a whole, the cost will automatically total up in any file to which you add the Template.
HoneyBook Tip: To make a quick copy of an already existing Package, click the duplicate icon next to the Template name in the File Drawer.
Want to learn more?
Still have questions? Feel free to send us a message by clicking the Question Mark icon on any HoneyBook page. Our team is always happy to help!