Welcome to HoneyBook! We're so excited to have you on board.
We know getting started with a new system can be overwhelming, and we want to help with your transition in any way we can. HoneyBook has tons of features that make life easier for our members — that's the goal, after all — but it can be tough to know where to focus your energy. GOOD NEWS: we'll fix that by the time you get to the end of this article!
If you prefer a live training you can sign up for our weekly orientation webinars here!
Or if you want to check out a quick 10 minute overview video of everything in this article you can watch it here.
Either way, there are really 3 key areas (Account Setup, Getting Client Info Into HoneyBook, and Booking a Client) where you'll want to focus your energy when initially setting up your account. Here are the 9 things you can check-off your list today to ensure your account is set up for success:
1. Customize your master Templates — Our team will build in any contracts, questionnaires, or pricing/services you already have established for your business. If you're still developing any of that information you can easily build them on your own!
- Specifically you'll want to prioritize setting up the Packages templates section. Packages is just HoneyBook lingo for all of your pricing and services, so setting this up first is crucial in making sure you can easily/quickly build pricing guides or quotes (brochures) and booking documents (proposals).
2. Customize your Project Types — These are categories of your work and what services you offer so you can easily organize your clients and jobs in HoneyBook.
3. Connect your bank account — Make sure we know where to send your funds when you get paid through HoneyBook!
4. Upload your company logo — Upload it once and the system will pull your branded elements into files, emails, portals, etc. so you can show off your brand.
Getting Client Info into HoneyBook:
5. Customize the HoneyBook Contact Form — Set this up to replace the contact form currently on your website. Don't forget to include the "Project Type" question from the Suggested Question list with all the new categories you created in Step 2 above!
- No website? No problem! Try sharing your Direct Link via SMS, Social Media, or anywhere else you get inquiries from instead!
6. Install the HoneyBook Contact Form — set up your contact form to pull leads straight from your website into the HoneyBook system as projects so you don't have to manually do it for every single job.
7. Add existing contacts — quickly sync your existing list of clients and their contact information via Google or a CSV import.
Book a client:
- A Project in HoneyBook is basically the job you're working on. Essentially, this is the folder that will contain all Files and communication related to a given Project.
9. Send our Invoice + Contract file: The Proposal — This is our all-in-one booking file with the power of an invoice and a contract in one place so you only have to hit send once and you're always legally protected (client's sign before they pay).
Other info worth noting:
- Understand HoneyBook file types — learn the differences between the HoneyBook files and the different use-cases for each.
- Understanding the Pipeline — learn where all your projects live, how to customize stages in your process, how we automatically track stages, and more!
- Integrations — learn more about what other programs you can connect to your HoneyBook Account to make life easier. NOTE: if you're a Gmail user, you'll need to connect your google account twice — HERE and HERE.
- Getting Paid through HoneyBook — check this out if you have questions about processing payments through HoneyBook.
- Adding Team Members — check this out if you'd like members of your team to get their own login to your HoneyBook instance.
- HoneyBook Glossary — feeling out of the loop on HoneyBook lingo? We've got you!
Still have questions? Feel free to send us a message by clicking the Question Mark icon on any HoneyBook page. Our team is always happy to help!