To communicate with your clients and vendors via the Activity Feed or send them any type of file, you'll first need to add the relevant parties to your Workspace as participants. Once you add their email address and other contact info, they'll receive all messages and will have full access to the files and communication within the Workspace.
If you haven't yet sent a file in the Workspace, participants are simply added—they won’t receive any notifications until you send them a file or a message via the Activity Feed.
If you’ve already sent a file in the Workspace, participants you add will automatically be sent an email invitation to join the Workspace. Once they log in, they’ll be able to view all files and Activity Feed messages in the Workspace that were sent prior to their arrival.
PLEASE NOTE: All participants within a Workspace will receive all communication that occurs within that Workspace. If you need to create separate lines of communication for separate participants, you'll need to create a related Workspace within the Project, add the appropriate participants to the new Workspace, and send any private communication there.
To add a participant:
1. Navigate to the Project that requires an additional participant.
- Search via the search icon in the top left corner of your Home page, or select the Projects tab to review your full list of Projects.
- Creating a new Project? Learn how here.
2. Just below the Project header, you'll find the current Project participants. Click Add Participant.
3. Enter the participant's email address, name, and any other relevant contact info.
- HoneyBook Tip: If you're adding a team member, their information should auto-fill once you enter their email address. You can also click the team member's icon under the Additional Team Members section to easily add them as a collaborator.
4. Click Add.
Want to learn more?
- Removing a participant from a Workspace
- Invite your team to HoneyBook
- What is a Workspace?
- How to send an Invoice
Still have questions? Feel free to send us a message by clicking the Question Mark icon on any HoneyBook page. Our team is always happy to help!